Measures taken in connection with the Covid-19 virus to make your museum visit as safe and pleasant as possible
Before your visit
- In order to keep the number of people per volume and time slot strictly under control, Mu.ZEE has introduced an online reservation system that encourages the advance purchase of tickets for specific time slots. Maximum 50 visitors are admitted per 30-minute slot. Book your ticket via this link.
- You can also book by phone, please call +32 (0)59 50 81 18.
- Bring your online ticket reservation with you to the museum.
- If you arrive too early, please wait outside, keeping your distance from any other visitors.
- If you arrive too late, we can make a new booking for you.
- Mu.ZEE restricts and spreads the number of visitors as much as possible. For the time being, we can only admit individual visitors (with their private bubble or their close long-term “cuddle contact”) or school groups and groups of young people for organised activities.
During your visit
- It is no longer compulsory to wear a mouth mask in the public areas of Mu.ZEE.
However, the mouth mask is still recommended where several people are gathered in a limited space or where the distance of 1.5 metres cannot be guaranteed.
- There are disinfection points at the entrance, please disinfect your hands there.
- Online ticket reservations must be shown at the ticket desk.
- You will receive a map of the museum rooms at the start of the visit. We recommend that you begin the tour on the second floor, then go down to 1a, 1 and 1b, before proceeding to the ground floor.
- Audio guides are available in three languages; visitors can use them free of charge. The audio guides are set out in a charger to the left of the reception desk.
- Use of the lifts is kept to a minimum. A maximum of 2 individuals or people from a single bubble are allowed per lift. Use of the stairs is encouraged, especially for groups.
- The toilets are cleaned intensively by the Mu.ZEE cleaning team, and special attention is paid to taps, doorhandles, lift buttons, etc.
After your visit
- The aim is for people to leave the museum after the visit, not to congregate in the entrance hall.
- Those who wish to may still make purchases in the museum shop.
General preventive measures
- Disinfection points have been set up at the entrance and throughout the visit. Please disinfect your hands there.
- We urge visitors to spread out as much as possible in the halls and to always keep a distance of minimum 1.5 metres from other people.
- Those who are ill or fall under the quarantine rules must stay at home.
- The safety guidelines are posted on an information board at the entrance to Mu.ZEE.
- The security guards and staff at the reception desk and museum shop are thoroughly briefed on the preventive measures, so that they can provide maximum assistance to visitors and monitor compliance with the applicable rules.
For more information about the COVID-19 virus and the preventive measures, please see www.info-coronavirus.be. Mu.ZEE has appointed a COVID coordinator. You can contact us by calling 059 24 21 90.